Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hello!

I am a devoted blog reader. Family blogs, travel blogs, cooking blogs...those capture my interest. But, design blogs motive me. They inspire me. They are a creative driving force. In some ways, these blogs have taken the hole left by the closing of several important shelter magazines. They delight my senses with images of beauty. And, a few make me laugh.

I have always loved interior design and architecture. I know I was not alone in wanted to redesign my childhood bedroom. I viewed my college dorm room as a blank canvas each year. And, my first apartment? Sheer bliss. My first studio, alone? Even more amazing. A home with my new husband? Delight. A home for my new family? Joy.

As an interior designer in Seattle, I have started a small business bringing the joy and fun of designing and decorating into homes and small businesses. I love this work. I also love my green notebooks that I have filled with clippings, notes, sketches, and ideas. In some ways, I am hoping this blog will be musings much like what I add to my notebooks. I also hope to show a little of the design process for projects currently in progress.

So, here are some thoughts from my notebook...

No comments:

Post a Comment